This course is designed for those who would like to set up and run a Forest School programmes.
There are five Units of Study at Level 3:
- Supporting Learning, Play and Development in the Outdoors
- Observation and Evaluation of Outdoor Learning
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Teach Outdoor Practical Skills
- Forest School Leader
On the Level Three course you will :-
- Attend training days which consist of both theory and practical tasks.
- Run a Forest School Programme in your chosen setting.
- Have a work-based assessment.
- Complete a portfolio for assessment.
There is a one day course completion workshop about three quarters of the way through the course. In addition to the course dates, the lead tutor is available during the course for tutorial help by telephone or e mail.
Entry Qualification Required:
Level 2 Qualification in Education, Youth Work, Child care etc. AND established link with a client group and potential Forest School Site. 21 years or over at the start of the course.
OR Level 2 Qualification in Forest School, Countryside, Woodland Management etc. AND at least two years experience with client groups AND an established link with a client group and potential Forest School Site.
You will need to achieve a suitable 1st Aid Qualification and hold a current DBS certificate prior to starting your own FS practice as part of the training. For further information on First Aid courses click here.
We can run bespoke courses for organisations that would like to train six or more people. Phone or e mail Sam or Carol to have a chat about this.
Level 2 – 3 Top Up course
This course is for those who have successfully completed the Level Two Assist at Forest School course to top up to the Level Three Forest School Practitioner status.
- Attend four training days which consist of both theory and practical tasks.
- As for Level Three above.
If you would like to ‘top-up’ your existing Level 2 FS training to L3 these courses are now run in conjunction with our L3 training, please contact us to discuss which dates you will need to attend to achieve your L3.