Our website is undergoing a complete rewrite and update. In the meantime, please feel free to browse this site, but to make bookings go to our secure bookings system via the Course Dates page.
Welcome to Cambium Sustainable
Cambium Sustainable delivers quality educational services that empower people to enrich their lives through engaging with their local natural environment.
Cambium is an Approved Qualifications Centre and Accredited Training Provider delivering QCF nationally recognised courses.
We offer courses at Levels 1,2,3 & 4 in:
- Outdoor Learning
- Forest School
- Outdoor Practical Skills for young people and professionals
- Outdoor Activity programmes for young people and volunteers
- Horticultural programmes for young people
- Rivers Restoration programmes
Our courses are pathways to success for all sorts of people from youngsters still at school through to those wishing to further their professional development and become an Outdoor Learning or Forest School Trainer. Since being established in 2000 we have worked with thousands of individuals and educational professionals from schools & nurseries as well as working with County Councils, Forestry Commission, Natural Resources Wales, Woodland Trust, Royal Horticultural Society, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Community Interest Companies, Social Enterprises and other NGO’s.
Why train with Cambium.
- Our students are important to us and we work hard to provide what you need to succeed
- We have a network of Associate Trainers across the UK so can offer training near you
- Our course leaders are experienced professionals and have gone through our Level 4 mentoring and Accreditation for Outdoor Learning and Forest School Trainers.
- The courses we run offer progression and learning pathways thereby enabling opportunities for professional development over a number of years
- Some courses require work based training and we believe it is important to visit students in their setting to observe, guide and support them. No one setting is the same and having face to face advice and guidance whilst learning is invaluable.
- Tutors are available to offer advice and guidance to students via e-mail and telephone whilst they are training with us.
We are a company that strives to be ethically led and to relate to our clients as individuals, delivering best practice training through a network of trainers and experts across the UK and overseas.
Cambium is a corporate member of the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (CLOtC) as well as being a member of the Forest Schools Association (FSA) and the Outdoor Learning Training Network.
Our consultation services offer opportunities to design and develop school / educational settings grounds for learning through whole organisation involvement, mentoring programmes & INSET.
Cambium offers a wide range of high quality professional services designed to meet the needs of the client base that we work with all at a fair and competetive cost.