From February 1st 2017 we will be offering on-line learning for the Level 3 – Supporting Learning and Development in the Outdoors Unit. The learning outcomes for this Unit of study are:
- Understanding theories of learning and play
- Understanding how behaviour impacts on play, learning and development
- Understanding how outdoor learning can support learning, play and development
Students enrolling on this Unit will need to be able to understand and compose short essays in English. Cambiums on-line learning module is designed to guide the student through the Unit enabling them through a range of media to:
- understand how outdoor learning supports children in a range of ways
- study some learning theorists that help us to understand how and why children learn in the outdoors
- learn about ways that we can promote holistic learning
- learn how to implement positive behaviours that assist learning and development.
This Unit forms part of the following courses:
- Level 3 Certificate in Leading Forest School
- Level 3 Certificate in Leading Coastal School
- Level 3 Award in Coordinating the Curriculum Outdoors
Students enrolling on this course will only receive an accredited, nationally recognised certificate for their learning as part of the longer courses listed above.
Enrolment is also available for those that would like to receive a Cambium Certificate of Unit Completion only.
Students who would like to complete our on-line learning course for this Unit are required to submit an application form. We are always happy to have an informal chat on the phone or via Skype to discuss your training needs.